1. Texas AgriLife Research Study, Blackland Research Study as well as Extension Center- Texas AgriLife Blackland Study and also Expansion Facility (formerly Texas Agricultural Experiment Station) has been an essential property that has actually improved Central Texans’ quality of life and also financial security. Since its opening in 1910, the Blackland Study as well as Expansion Center (BREC) has been a vital partner in the diversity and growth of Central Texas by furnishing farmers and stockmen with the understanding they require to obtain the most from their labors. As times changed, so has the Facility’s emphasis. It has remained on the leading edge of research study, satisfying the demands of farmers, agricultures as well as guardians. Soil as well as water quality affect all homeowners, not just those that till the soil or forage stock.
2. Cora Anderson Building – 509 South 9th Street- The Cora Anderson building, possessed by Bell Region, and also has housed the Bell County Public Health Area for the previous 40 years. Throughout the days of lawfully approved segregation, black individuals could be treated at Scott and also White Memorial Medical facility and also King’s Daughters Medical facility, however there were no beds for over night remains. Neighborhood leaders as well as Scott and also White management, consisting of President Dr. Arthur Carroll. Scott Jr., made a decision to develop a separate “black just” center, mostly to provide excellent like its black clients, however likewise to minimize congestion at the primary Scott & White center (then covering regarding 30 blocks around Avenues G as well as H). Scott and White constructed the $75,000 structure as well as on Might 17, 1953, the Cora Anderson Hospital was committed into service for Temple’s black population on South 9th Street. There were 16 patient spaces and also an operating space in the medical facility, which was staffed with Scott as well as White doctors as well as a mainly black nursing staff. The healthcare facility enclosed 1963 when Scott as well as White transferred to its present location on 31st Street. On July 10, 2015, the Holy Place Historic Conservation Committee held a ceremony at the Cora Anderson Structure on South 9th Street in Temple honoring the history as well as tradition of the Cora Anderson Building.
3. Barclay Bryan Residence- The Barclay-Bryan Residence with its 12 outside columns, is an instance of Colonial Resurgence design. The red brick residence was built for William Anderson Barclay in between 1913- 1915 at a price of $65,000. The home windows were built larger than typical windows as well as no panes on the bottom fifty percent for far better ventilation. Two sleeping patios can be found on the 2nd floor and also a parade evaluation deck encounters Ave H. The house was built with lots of modern-day comforts including a washing chute, an integrated cistern and pump, central phone system, central vacuum system and also an intercom system.
4. Christ Episcopal Church- Christ Church has an extensive background in Holy place TX. First developed as an objective in 1883, solutions were initially hung on the corner of Ave F as well as Key. By 1901 a wooden framework stood on the edge of Main and also Calhoun, the present website for the church. The following year the parish was established as an independent parish and rapidly prepares for a new building started. Construction of the English gothic Church started in 1904 as well as was promptly finished by 1905. The very first solution was hung on September 24, 1905. Since then several enhancements and additions have been made. Most recently The Living Stones Task has actually been completed.