Given that the beginning of Pflugerville in 1860, there has actually been much growth and adjustment. Yet also today there are many sites that represent the very early history of what was when a small farming community.
Previous Pflugerville Library- The City of Pflugerville provided some funds and a small house at 102 S. 3rdfor a small lease where the Library was housed from 1985 up until 1999 when it relocated to a brand-new and much larger structure. Today, the site of the previous library is inhabited by a gift shop, Oh-La-La.
Hanover’s Hardware Shop- Hanover’s has actually had a presence in downtown Pflugerville for 102 years opening originally as a drinkery in 1903. Years later on Tom Hanover resumed the historical building as a hardware store and lumberyard. Hanover sold the building in 1999. The brand-new owner changed it back to a local pub. The name as well as several of his initial indicators still remain as a part of the Hanover’s Draught Haus decoration as well as rustic feeling.
Cotton Gin- The very first cotton gin in Pflugerville was constructed in 1904 by among the original Pfluger family inhabitants. It was damaged by fire in 1931 and also a brand-new one was constructed in the very same area where the old gin still stands to now. The Pflugerville Farmer’s Market is held weekly on the exact same land in front of the gin.
Pfluger Meat Market- In 1960, 2 Pfluger relatives opened up a meat market at 100 E. Pecan where it operated for several years. The last company to run in the exact same place was the Pecan Road Antique Store. Next door in the very same building was a pub till the 1980’s. In 1986, Costs Yates opened up Yates Lawnmower Repair service and is still in organisation today at the same place.
The Heritage Home Gallery, likewise called the Bohls House, was marked as a historic spots in 2005. Integrated in 1913 by Gottlieb William (G.W.) Bohls, this Queen Anne house sits in its original place, as soon as the center of the Bohls ranch. GW marketed the ranch in 1925 to his youngest brother Otto as well as his better half Laura Fuchs Bohls. Otto operated the ranch till 1959, as well as his son Clarence operated the farm until 1985. The farm was leased for manufacturing up until Laura’s fatality in 1992. The Bohls Family members deeded your home to the City of Pflugerville in 1993 as a place to advertise and also interpret the city’s heritage and also culture. The Pflugerville Town library handles the center as well as works carefully with the Heritage Home Allies to offer displays as well as programs that are representative of all families, societies, services, colleges, churches, as well as other companies that contributed to the growth of Pflugerville.